My thanks to my OU Diploma tutor, Jane Jones for allowing me to reproduce this information:
1. Clarify task requirements - what are you expected to get out of the case?
2. Skim read the case
2. Read more slowly, highlighting issues
4. Explore the case and its context, identifying themes
5. Formulate problem statements - i.e. there seems to be a problem in area x
6. Identify solution criteria and constraints
7. Analyse, using course concepts to help find root problems rather than symptoms
8. Work out recommendations
9. Craft analysis and recommendations into a clear presentation.